RE: Possible Intrusion Attempt?

From: Thomas, Frank (ThomasFat_private)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 01:41:11 PDT

    I saw this on one of our machines the other day with a bit of spam - in a
    similar situation to yours.

    If you look at the HTML source of the spam message, my guess it that it's
    pulling an image down with a url like

    passwordat_private/foo/bar.gif">http://username:passwordat_private/foo/bar.gif

    let me guess, the details that appeared in the popped up authentication box
    would then match the username and password supplied in that URL...
    I think proxy gets confused with that format of URL and assumes that they
    are the details to authenticate with the proxy, as well as the site.

    IMHO, I don't think it's an attack

    HTH

    Frank