Re: A question for the list...

From: Kevin Reardon (Kevin.Reardonat_private)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 16:58:37 PDT

    "Who watches the watchers, though?"

    Today, nobody does.  Police are not watched, nor is there any official
    part of any government that does.  Trust is used with Police, and check
    an balances are used in the US government.  If we use a "police" for the
    Internet, then they would have to be rather limited in what they can
    do.  I do not say this from a point of view of anyone's "rights" but one
    of functionality.  Today's Police do not usually enforce corporate
    embezzlement or stolen cars because of the shear effort to do so.
    Whatever such an entity can do, it's got to be KISSed.

    ---K