Re: Help with an odd log file...

From: James C. Slora Jr. (Jim.Sloraat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 18:28:44 PDT

    There has been some sort of change in the window=55808 traffic - either in
    some interaction with the target or in what the prober is trying to do. (Or
    security researchers are probing around with bogus traffic similar to the
    covert channel).

    The primary prober (one to one prober) has suddenly changed the IP ID after
    maintaining a constant number to my target since May 17th as far as I have
    noticed.

    Two "agents" (one to many probers) also sent sequence numbers that are
    different from that used by every single previous packet from all sources to
    my target.

    Is anyone else seeing a departure from the norm of these probes starting
    today?

    Ken Eichman wrote Monday, June 09, 2003 3:58 PM