RE: Windows 2k rootkit incident, files zipped for your pleasure.

From: Dan Perez (danperezat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 17:09:46 PDT

    It appears as if a valid name for it is MfXP and it appears somewhat popular
    in Warez groups. Most of the files in your provided zip (thanks for posting
    it) appear to be renamed versions of popular utilities from Sysinternals,
    Foundstone, ntsecurity.nu and MS Reskit.

    It's kinda funny, in searching for "MFXP" in CopernicPro I came across a
    fair # of hits that were apparently Warez sites that had since been cleaned
    by the respective net admins.

    Regards,

    Dan Perez