Re: Command Line RPC vulnerability scanner?

From: Michael Wright (mcwrightat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 11:25:14 PDT

    Yes.  ISS provides one for windows:

    "ISS X-Force has developed a tool to scan any specified IP range for
    systems vulnerable to the MS03-26 RPC vulnerability. The scanner
    is non-invasive. It does not need domain credentials to check for the
    patch, nor does it actually fire the exploit. The scanner uses two
    techniques to fingerprint the vulnerability based on behaviors that the
    MS03-026 patch has altered. The scanner also includes a primitive
    OS-ident feature.

    "We feel that this tool may prove to be more accurate that other free
    scanners that have been made available. For more information, please
    visit:"

    http://www.iss.net/support/product_utilities/ms03-026rpc.php

    Be sure to read the page.  It isn't 100% accurate.