Re: WORM_MIMAIL.A cleaner ?

From: Paolo Monti (paolo.montiat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 05:58:18 PDT

    Hello Daniel,

    At 12.11 04/08/2003 -0500, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:

    >Anyone know of an off-line cleaner that can be run outside the anti-virus software?

    Several AV vendors have released standalone cleaners for Mimail.A (Symantec, McAfee. etc.).
    I also wrote a free tool to remove this worm

    http://www.nod32.it/cgi-bin/mapdl.pl?tool=Mimail

    The tool terminates the process of the worm, identifies/removes infected files (EXE, HTML),
    cleans the Registry and deletes the TMP files created by the worm in the %Windir% folder.

    BTW: few days ago I sent an e-mail on this mailing list about this cleaner, but it seems that my e-mail
    has gone in a black hole :-)

    ciao,
    Paolo.
    ---
    Future Time S.r.l.                                             tel  +39-06-5034227
    Distributore esclusivo NOD32 e Outpost             fax +39-06-5037078
    e-mail: paolo.montiat_private                          www.nod32.it