RE: MSBLASTER Infecting despite 03-026 patch?

From: Larsen, Colin (colin.larsenat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 13:50:44 PDT

    Our experience yesterday seemed to indicate that patched machines were
    suffering from the side effects of failed infection attempts. This
    caused a mini 'DOS' on the machine as the RPC/DCOM servcies appeared to
    be upset. Symtoms showed as search not available, no drag and drop,
    control panel full of garbage etc. Symptoms varied from machine to
    machine but a reboot always fixed it and no signs of infection were
    discovered - but we're still looking just in case.