Re: msblast.exe available

From: alaricat_private
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 06:21:42 PDT

    >Be careful... when I went to look at the Matta web site, it was not
    listed.
    >When I tried to delete it from the hard drive, the system said that I did
    >not
    >have the proper priveleges. May be time to scrape this system clean
    >anyway...

    I think the reason Matta does not provide a direct link to the worm is to
    keep people from accidentally downloading it. Their downloads page
    consists of papers and a couple of tools and a careless person can
    download it not know realizing it is a worm.

    If you do decide to play with the binary, use a *nix box. If you want to
    reverse engineer it and really study it, use VMware so that if your system
    becomes damage in the process, it is just a OS image that you can delete.
    Also remember to use a firewall to block the thing from causing damage to
    others.

    Later,
    BT