msblast and RFC 1918 addresses

From: Dan Hubbard (dhubbardat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 15:54:40 PDT

    Question about the MSBLAST worms. I understand that 40% of the time the
    IP's to spread to range of IP's from  the network that you are currently
    connected to and that 60% of the time via a random range.

    I have ran this worm mutiple different times and have never seen the
    randomized version select an RFC 1918 address range ?  Has anyone else seen
    the worm affect any 1918 addresses if your machine is NOT in that range ?

    Thanks

    Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
     - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies
    **FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
    Visit us at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_incidents_030814