Re: mod to "killblast.vbs" script

From: Ansgar Wiechers (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 11:37:48 PDT

    On 2003-08-14 Laudie, Enoch A. wrote:
    > The recently posted "killblast.vbs" script needs a slight mod.
    >
    > This line:
    >
    > fso.DeleteFile "c:\winnt\system32\msblast.exe"
    >
    > should be
    >
    > fso.DeleteFile "c:\winnt\system32\msblast.exe", true
    >
    > so as to delete "read only" files also.

    To make an additional suggestion:

    I am not familiar with VBS, but I assume that one could use environment
    variables with it, too, so I guess it would be a good idea to use
    "%SystemRoot%" instead of "C:\WINNT".

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers

    Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
     - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies
    **FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
    Visit us at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_incidents_030814