RE: Software vendor clueless

From: Pierre A. Cadieux (hobbitat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 12:09:30 PDT

    Great suggesitons,

    Additionally if the site has a security policy/standards that require
    "strong" passwords, or mandate password rotation that may help as well.  Of
    course the standards/policies have to exist and be endorsed properly.  It
    is also a good requirement to include in contracts that the vendor will
    adhere to all security policies and standards (I understand in this case
    you are inheriting this situation).

    Regards,

    ->Pierre Cadieux,  CISSP