Re: Benchmarks (was Re: Hooking into Linux using the LTT)

From: Andrew Morgan (morganat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 20:27:33 PDT

    How will you handle backward compatibility?

    Kernel X has 75 function definitions in 'struct check_struct'. Kernel
    X+1 has 76. Doesn't a module that was built for version X break in the
    face of this? Are you going to rely on kernel module versioning to help
    address this issue - namely, refuse to load a mis-matched module?

    Thanks

    Andrew