Re: Benchmarks (was Re: Hooking into Linux using the LTT)

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 18:38:43 PDT

    Greg KH  wrote:
    >Not hard, consider the following code:
    >	lock_kernel();
    >	security_ops = &dummy_security_ops;
    >	unlock_kernel();

    That looks great as an *implementation*, but let me suggest that this
    code be hidden behind a register_hook() / unregister_hook() interface.
    In particular, I think it would be a good idea to ensure that policy
    modules don't go modify the security_ops structure theirselves, but
    go through some API -- this way the implementation of what's behind
    the API can change to accomodate, e.g., locking or loading multiple
    poilcy modules.

    What do you think?  Do you agree?