Re: linux-security-module digest, Vol 1 #38 - 10 msgs

From: Jesse Pollard (pollardat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 05:36:20 PDT

    Crispin Cowan <crispinat_private>:

    > jmjonesat_private wrote:
    >
    > > > Perhaps we could get some webspace with the patches up? This would be
    > > > very useful for me, and I wonder if it would be for anyone else?  If
    > > > this was done, I think more people might take a look at the code, and we
    > > > all know what happens when more eyes look at code! :-)
    > >
    > > Yes, YESS OH GOD YES!
    > >
    > > I don't know the protocol, but i'll volunteer space and an IP!!!
    >
    > Web space is definitely something we were planning on doing some time soon.
    > What kind of source control do folks think is appropriate?  Tar balls?  CVS?
    > We've been playing with Bitkeeper lately, and kinda like it.

    I suggest a combination - a source control system to track intermediate
    updates, but a tarball snapshot for a final checkpoint where it "should"
    be functional (or at least can be compiled).

    A source control system is only usefull if all updates are consistant and
    everyone can retrieve from it. I've found that a tarball snapshot usually
    is more consistant and easier to report problems about.