Re: Notes from the Real World

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 15:55:29 PDT

    On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 06:34:17PM -0400, jmjonesat_private wrote:
    > True, but running documentation tandem to development has the following
    > advantages:

    Your comments imply that the documentation be done by the coders
    themselves in order to get the benefits during implementation.

    I propose simply using the current kernel-doc system, in documenting the
    security.h file.  Works well, exports to a zillion different formats,
    and can be kept up to date with the code very easily (it is in the
    code.)  I'd gladly take a patch that does this right now.

    I think that a small effort of implementing this now, is better than
    having people spend separate efforts of keeping the documentation (which
    lives outside of the source tree) up to date with the source.  Unless
    you enjoy doing these kinds of things :)

    Good luck,

    greg k-h