Re: Sample SELinux hook function implementations

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 17:40:17 PDT

    * Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private) wrote:

    > I'll try to provide some observations and feedback tomorrow
    > based on my experience with implementing these hooks for SELinux.

    This looks great!  I have changed the alloc and free routines to take
    pointers to the full structure (like struct inode, or whatever), this ought
    to help you out.  Your use of the security blob in the linux_binprm
    structure is something I had forgotten about.  We were moving towards using
    IS_ERR to know if the allocation failed.  But it looks like you are using the
    void * just as a 32 bit security id.  It is possible that IS_ERR will
    erroneously detect an allocation failure ;-(  task_ops->kill() now takes task,
    info and sig.  (sorry i was meaning to merge that in earlier).  Looking forward
    to your commentary ;-)