ANNOUNCEMENT -- Mirror Site

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 09:37:32 PDT

    To Whomever It May Concern,

    I've been having trouble reaching the main site

    http://lsm.immunix.com/

    It's possible that it may be something in my route,
    but I have a (non-bitkeeper) mirror set up at

    http://lsm.antisoft.com/mirror/

    for anybody else who ever has this problem.  Also,
    I've opened three mailing lists:

    lsm-benchmarks

    This list is intended for discussions purely on the problems
    with running benchmarks on the LSM patch, on various platforms,
    and getting meaningful benchmarks to feed back to the main list
    for community review.

    lsm-documentation

    This list is intended for discussions about the documentation
    I'm working on for the LSM interface... helpers, multilingual
    translators, and anybody with a gift for the written word or
    understanding code are welcome here.  When we reach "useful version"
    status, the documentation will be fed back the main list for community
    review and enlightenment.

    lsm-discussion

    This list is intended to be a place to "hash out" all those
    ideas that used to be offered here but were discouraged as
    "off topic".

    For example:

    *  What a module SHOULD do,

    *  Definition of a common "recommendation" for modules
       to provide information to USERSPACE programs.

    *  Techniques for implementing hooks in the kernel that
       may or may not be more efficient on different platforms.

    Anything we decide is useful on this list will be sent back
    to the main list for community review and consideration by
    the programmers.

    THESE ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A 'BREAK' IN THIS PROJECT, but
    a division of discussion to keep the main list free of
    "half-baked ideas" (mostly mine and ONLY MY WORDS), which we will
    bake in these lists then feed back to the coders/designers.
    (The best pastries are only half baked at some point, and I think
    every reasonable idea is worth DISCUSSION, at least.)

    Due to technical issues, I've used majordomo to set up these
    lists.  If you're interested in subscribing, send an email to

    majordomoat_private

    with the following three lines in the body of the message:

    lists
    help
    end

    And you should get enough information to subscribe.  If you're
    familiar with majordomo, you may send an email to the above
    address with

    subscribe <listname> <email-address>
    end

    and that will begin the subscription process.

    To those of you who prefer (rightly so) MAILMAN out there,
    just let me say: my knowledge of PYTHON is so weak that
    it was just easier to "tweak" majordomo (mostly PERL) on my
    sites.  I've tried to restrict "security sensitive" information
    as much as possible... and it DOES work.

    Sincerely,
    J. Melvin Jones