Re: 2001_05_09 patch against 2.4.4

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 17:54:17 PDT

    * Chris Wright (chrisat_private) wrote:
    > * Chris Evans (chrisat_private) wrote:
    > >
    > > BTW, I don't think your current hooks would catch a sendfile() operation,
    > > which IIRC goes through the unhooked readpage() rather than the hooked
    > > read() or mmap().
    >
    > I think you are right.  We mean to catch sendfile (i.e. it's on the
    > hotlist), but it just hasn't been added yet.

    actually, my verification was bogus.  I looked in the interface and did not
    find a sendfile check.  looking at the code in filemap.c we do the following
    verification:

    security_ops->file_ops->permission (in_file, MAY_READ);
    security_ops->file_ops->permission (out_file, MAY_WRITE);

    I think we're covered.