Re: Extending a Security Module

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 13:16:38 PDT

    On Tue, 22 May 2001 19:57:15 BST, dawat_private (David Wagner)  said:
    > I thought the plan was to not support multiple modules for
    > the moment.  If you want to support multiple modules, I have
    > several proposals (see the list archives), and I could mention
    > some potential challenges with your chaining proposal, but is
    > getting into this discussion now a good idea?

    We may not want to support multiple modules at the moment, but we certainly
    *do* want to take a *little* time and at least make sure that we do things
    in a fashion that isn't actively hostile to deploying them at a later date.

    We'd be remiss in not doing at least a "If we do it THIS way we can <handwave>
    here and be done easily, but if we do it THAT way we'll have to <handwave>,
    <wave dead chickens>, and <apply crowbars and high explosives> to fit it in
    later"....
    --
    				Valdis Kletnieks
    				Operating Systems Analyst