Re: sys_setpriority error

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 10:38:24 PDT

    Stephen Smalley  wrote:
    >It seems like we either need to push the entire access control logic
    >into the hook functions (so the hook functions can combine their
    >new logic with the old logic in any arbitrary way) or we need to
    >provide separate hooks for overriding grantings and overriding
    >denials.

    A third option (I am not suggesting it, but just trying to list all
    possibilities) if you want to enable the possibility to override the
    base logic is to always call the hook and pass in an argument that
    says whether the base logic would allow the operation or not, and let
    the hook return its decision (or return the argument, if the hook
    doesn't want to override the base logic).