Re: sys_setpriority error

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 05:52:37 PDT

    On Thu, 31 May 2001, Casey Schaufler wrote:

    > One can always write a policy which encompasses multiple
    > policy components, without resorting to composition. The
    > "dummy" functions should provide the "traditional" Linux
    > behavior. Any module which replaces the traditional (dummy)
    > modules will have to account for the traditional behavior,
    > either by maintaining it or replacing it.

    I don't think anyone is proposing that we provide the
    ultimate composition mechanism in the base kernel itself.
    But it would be very helpful if new modules (like MLS or
    DTE or SubDomain/CryptoMark or SELinux or ...) could re-use
    the implementation of the traditional behavior that will
    exist in the dummy functions rather than having to duplicate
    and maintain a separate copy.  We can hopefully expect the
    Linux kernel developers to maintain the traditional logic
    in the dummy functions, so it would be ideal if our modules
    could easily be composed with that traditional logic.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private