bitkeeper login

From: Matt Wimer (mattat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 17:22:04 PDT

    Hi guys,

    The mailing list seems like the wrong place to email but i don't know
    what to do about the error i'm geting from the bitkeeper tree:

    matt:/net/home/matt(11)>  bk clone bk://lsm.immunix.org:5555 lsm
    ERROR-Lock fail: possible permission problem.

    In responce to the "permissive vs. restrictive issue and ..."  message
    about ptrace, my answer to the problem when i ran into it was to just
    overload capablity() and do the perm check there.

    My code is messy for right now and i plan to move my project(kip.sf.net)
    over to the LSM as soon as possible:

    static inline int capable(int cap)
    {
            /* Don't allow ptrace of special apps. */
            if (current->cap_special && CAP_SYS_PTRACE == cap && !cyl_cap_stdvune())
                    return 0;

            if (CAP_SYS_MODULE == cap && !cyl_cap_stdvune())
                    return 0;

            if (CAP_SYS_BOOT == cap && !cyl_cap_stdvune())
                    return 0;

            if (CAP_SYS_RAWIO == cap && !cyl_cap_stdvune())
                    return 0;
    }

    Instead of if statement you could use an index into a function table or
    such. or use funky macro tricks to clean up the overall code (a little
    messy in the background details tho').

    Anyway, help with the bitkeeper tree would be much appriciated.

    --matt wimer