Re: New LSM patch for consideration

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 11:35:58 PDT

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 sarnoldat_private wrote:

    > On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 02:16:01PM -0400, jmjonesat_private wrote:
    > > StackGuard appears to "rock".  Why not "tie" the LSM patch in such a
    > > way to option it, since IMMUNIX is a major player?
    >
    > <arguably a plug>
    >
    > Well, the current patch for the Makefile regarding StackGuard is to turn
    > StackGuard off while compiling the kernel. :) The kernel is not
    > StackGuarded and should not be StackGuarded. (It is the sort of thing
    > that ought to be carefully coded to avoid situations where StackGuard
    > would help. :)
    >
    > (Never mind that the implementation of StackGuard prevents StackGuarding
    > the kernel anyway. StackGuard is only for userland applications. :)
    >
    > :)
    >
    > </arguably a plug>

    Plugs are arguable. :)  No problems with ME, if they don't affect form,
    fit, or function and possibly direct "others" to good places.

    I say, put all the plugs in there you want, if they don't effect the
    final code.  Comments/code-spam have been very, very good to me. :)

    See what I mean about "item #5"? :)
    J. Melvin Jones