Re: Anyone planning big changes soon?

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 11:13:57 PDT

    On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 01:45:53PM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:

    > On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Greg KH wrote:
    >
    > > I just forward ported the bitkeeper tree to 2.4.6-pre3 due to the large
    > > number of VM changes happening in the -pre series right now (also fixed
    > > a bug in the 2.4.5 mount lsm code) and checked it all in.
    >
    > Could you clarify what you mean by "a bug in the 2.4.5 mount lsm code"?
    > Also, shouldn't an upgrade like this have waited until we make a decision
    > about the new LSM patch that I proposed?

    Attached is a patch for the bug.  It's a small resource leak, that's
    all.

    And yes, the upgrade probably could have waited, sorry.  I was more
    focused on adapting to the VM changes that are happening than about the
    changes you have proposed.  More VM changes are coming too.

    But the forward port doesn't really change anything based on your work,
    from what I can tell.

    Again, sorry (but you can just back out my changes from bk if you want :)

    greg k-h