Re: New LSM patch for consideration

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 18:01:32 PDT

    * Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private) wrote:

    > Since people seem to prefer purely restrictive hooks (and these are
    > sufficient for SELinux), I've changed the authoritative hooks
    > in our LSM patch to be purely restrictive.  I also integrated
    > some unrelated changes from the WireX tree and merged
    > with 2.4.6-pre3.  I've attached an up-to-date diff between
    > the WireX tree and our tree.  As before, I've left the
    > capabilities code untouched until there is a consensus
    > on the right approach for migrating it to a module.

    excellent!  i'm interested in merging this patch into bitkeeper.
    stephen has generated a 2.4.5 patch for me, that we'd like to push
    into the repository so we can post a new 2.4.5 lsm patch.  then we'll redo
    the 2.4.6-pre merging.  this will keep the lsm patches based on stable
    kernel releases, and allow the bitkeeper tree to track the -pre
    releases.

    consider this a last chance to speak up with serious objections (and
    solutions including code).  otherwise this will go into the repository
    tomorrow and we work forward from stephen's proposal.