Re: LSM Patch Additions for CAPP (C2) Audit Trails

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 19:55:02 PDT

    On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 01:10:54PM -0700, Casey Schaufler wrote:

    > This is SGI's initial LSM patch for C2 (now Controlled
    > Access Protection Profile (CAPP)) auditing. It is not
    > complete. There will be more coming. The work left to
    > do is outlined in the notes below.

    But man is it big!
    There's lots of good things in there, and some not so good things in
    there (IMHO).

    But let me first point you to section 3 of the wonderful file:
    	Documentation/SubmittingPatches
    in the kernel tree.

    This patch is just too big to apply, and I'm not going to sift through
    it for the good nuggets.  Chris might, but he's crazier than I am :)

    And it also doesn't apply cleanly to the current root of the bitkeeper
    tree (not to mention the bitkeeper tree is broken, but Chris is working
    on that, right Chris?)

    Please break it up into logical chunks, against the current root.  Then
    we can discuss the different pieces individually, instead of having to
    sift through the whole blob.

    I can send anyone a tarball if they don't have access to the BitKeeper
    tree due to draconian firewall restrictions.

    thanks,

    greg k-h