Re: TODO list

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 15:19:34 PDT

    On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:47:17AM -0400, Chris Vance wrote:

    > With respect to this, I should have mentioned it on the list previously,
    > but last week I began work to add LSM hooks to the network layer.

    Very nice.  Glad to see someone working on this.

    > Once the socket layer has been fully LSM'd, the next job will be to hook
    > into skbuff and netdevice routines.

    That will be a _much_ harder sell.  A number of the network developers
    have been trying for much time to get a "blob" added to the skbuff
    structure without much success.  I have some links around here somewhere
    detailing their arguments and possible ways they might finally get this
    into the kernel in the future.  We will have to work very closely with
    them on this issue if we ever want that portion of the patch to be
    accepted.

    Good luck on the socket stuff,

    greg k-h