Re: TODO list

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 09:04:16 PDT

    On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:46:27AM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > More importantly, can you tell us about why they've met resistance to adding
    > a blob to the skbuff structure?

    Here's what I know:

    I was told by one of the kernel netfilter people that we might want to
    look at: http://www.conscoop.ottawa.on.ca/rgb/freeswan/
    in the klips2 section.

    It seems that lots of people need/want blobs on skbs, much like we are
    about to add.  It has been rejected many times by the main network guy,
    Alexey.  But if enough people ask for it... :)

    Take a look at why he rejected it last time it was submitted:
            http://216.32.174.27/projects/netdev/mail/netdev/msg02454.html

    Also take a look at:
            http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2001-May/001157.html

    down around 14:06.  Gives specific examples of things we should probably
    do.

    greg k-h