Re: Patch Acceptance Procedure

From: Jonathan Moore (mooreat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 16:05:48 PDT

    > If the policy really is whatever Chris and Greg decide, what happens if you
    > two can't agree ? This is why formal policies and procedures are important,
    > it removes the possibility of disagreements mortally affecting a project.

    	Is it really better to add a bunch of rules and berocresey to
    the project rather then just dealing with bickering and tempeory code
    forking when it happens. Remember this is not a closed source project
    where there can only be one source of the product and we also have one
    more level of filter in Linus. I think things seem to be working well
    in the current ad-hoc fashion. Don't slow things down with rules to
    handle the exceptional case.

    -Jonathan