Re: security policy and xml

From: Shafik Yaghmour (shafikat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 14:10:18 PDT

    	XML can practically express anything you want it to, so if you
    want to use XML as some sort of Meta-Data format for security policies
    then sure.

    	XML basically expresses you data in a form of tags you define, and
    then you use DOM, SAX or XSLT parser to transform the data into a form you
    want.

    	Do you have more specific questions?

    Take care

    On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, T.R.Y. wrote:

    > Is xml capable of expressing security policies?
    > Sure, different model has different rulesets.
    > Just curious.
    >
    > - T.

    --"the more you know and understand the more you must know and understand
       .. knowledge is an unsatiable hunger .. which makes life easier and at
       the same time harder .... knowledge is a paradox w/ no resolution just
       a boundless function of human nature .... knowledge is a trap which we
       embrace and which we run away from .... and in the end the only escape
       is death .... or maybe not "<grin>--
                         -This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons-
                         -Save the whales, Feed the hungry, Free the mallocs-

    Two cats on a roof,
    Which one falls off first?
    The one with the smaller mew.