RE: Making forward progress

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 12:11:37 PDT

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, David Wheeler wrote:

    > Let's examine a form we've looked at before:
    >
    >   retval = (current-DAC-check);
    >   if (hook(retval, ...)) ...

    This is the form that was implemented in the new LSM patch I posted
    back on June 12th (except I typically passed retval as the last
    parameter, but no big deal).  I did this for a number of the hooks,
    but it was often uglier than you make it appear here due to the
    complexity of some of the DAC checks.  Also, I found it impractical
    to do it for a number of the hooks due to difficulties in colocating
    the DAC checks with the hook placement or tightly couplings between
    the DAC checks and the functional logic.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private