Re: Port of secure fd handling to LSM

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 05:32:49 PDT

    On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, richard offer wrote:

    > There is also a patch to add a new hook
    >
    >     static void dummy_binprm_flush (struct linux_binprm *bprm);
    >
    > that is called from flush_old_exec().

    Do you really need this hook?  The original SELinux prototype
    did insert a call into flush_old_exec to revalidate access to
    open file descriptors, but in our LSM-based prototype, we found that we
    could just as easily implement the same processing in the
    compute_creds hook.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private