Re: Problems with some of the current hooks

From: richard offer (offerat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 07:36:15 PDT

    * frm sdsat_private "08/08/01 08:03:55 -0400" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    *
    *
    * On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Greg KH wrote:
    *
    *> Here's Serge's proposed patch to fix the post_lookup code.
    *>
    *> Does anyone have any objections to me applying it?
    *
    * I went ahead and added the additional post_lookup call to
    * lookup_hash in my patch, so this patch has already been applied.

    I thought that that was some consensus about the intention of always
    calling the post hooks, not just when there was no error.

    Its widley perceived by Linus to be quicker to do a call and return than
    check and then call.

    One of our patches rectified that.

    *
    * --