Re: Possible system call interface for LSM

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 06:11:32 PDT

    On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Stephen Smalley wrote:

    > While I understand the appeal of doing all of the copyin/copyout
    > from the entrypoint function, it seems unnecessarily limiting.

    To be more specific, this would be very problematic for some of our
    new operations, which are merely extended forms of existing system
    calls (e.g. extended forms of stat, mkdir, execve, ... that have
    additional input or output parameters for security attributes).
    These operations actually invoke the ordinary system calls
    (in between some pre and post processing to handle the additional
    parameters), so they don't want to have to do the copyin/copyout
    as a block on entry and exit.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private