Re: Possible system call interface for LSM

From: Steve Beattie (steveat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 17:07:43 PDT

    On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 04:52:32PM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:
    > Meta-comment: Linus respects micro-optimizations.  Don't use the "that's
    > just a micro-optimization" argument with him, because it will backfire.

    Another meta-comment: Linus hates the iotctl() interface (with good
    reason, IMHO) -- see http://lwn.net/2001/0524/kernel.php3 for a discussion
    on the topic. If we come to him proposing another ioctl()-like interface,
    I think it increases the chances that our patch will be bounced.

    --
    Steve Beattie                               Don't trust programmers?
    <steveat_private>                         Complete StackGuard distro at