Re: Possible system call interface for LSM

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 19:01:57 PDT

    Crispin Cowan  wrote:
    >David Wagner wrote:
    >Ok.  So the LSM syscall and the LSM rmmod need an interlock.  [...]

    I believe it's more pervasive than this.  The app is going to check
    whether SELinux is present and cache this information.  If this
    information becomes incorrected (by a rmmod), we need some way to inform
    the app to invalidate its cache entry.

    (The app might be quiescent during the rmmod/insmod period, but then wake
    back up after the insmod of a new module, and still have laying around
    its old, incorrect cached information about which module is in place.)

    Am I overlooking something?