Re: Capability tests in netlink and oom_kill

From: James Morris (jmorrisat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 08:31:34 PDT

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Stephen Smalley wrote:

    > similar test.  Since LSM adds a lsm_security field to the sk_buff
    > struct itself, it seems that we could save our security information
    > using that field rather than adding a field to netlink_skb_parms,
    > and replace the hardcoded tests with hook calls in rtnetlink_rcv_msg and
    > netlink_receive_user_skb to perform any desired checking based on the
    > saved security information.  The current hooks for allocating and
    > maintaining the sk_buff lsm_security field are probably sufficient for
    > tagging the sk_buff itself.
    >

    > Comments?

    This seems reasonable.  For the netlink code, would you be adding hooks
    along the lines of:

    struct netlink_security_ops {
    	void (*cap_effective) (struct sk_buff *skb);
    	int (*cap_raised)     (struct sk_buff *skb, int cap);
    };

    If so, existing behaviour could be preserved in the dummy plugs using the
    existing netlink_skb_parms field.

    - James
    --
    James Morris