Re: Initial snapshot release of the LSM-based SELinux prototype

From: richard offer (offerat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 20:29:15 PDT

    * frm sdsat_private "08/24/01 08:41:06 -0400" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    *
    *
    * As Greg K-H has already noticed, a snapshot of the LSM-based SELinux
    * prototype has been released on the NSA web site
    * (http://www.nsa.gov/selinux).  The snapshot was generated on 8/22,
    * so it lacks a few of the most recent changes.  Enjoy.

    With your use of *_precondition() do you think it might be worthwhile
    generalising this into various hooks? It seems something that any policy
    that needs to store its own data would find useful?

    If we only rely on task_alloc() to setup the blob, wont that mean that we
    can't add any security blobs to processes that are already running at
    module load time (or we can, but each person is going to have to re-invent
    the wheel) ?

        /* Typically, a task's attributes are initially assigned
           by task_alloc_security and changed upon program execution
           by bprm_compute_creds.  So task_precondition should
           only determine a task's attributes if the task
           was created prior to the initialization of this module.
           Show all such assignments until we are sure that they
           occur correctly both in the static case and the dynamically
           loaded case. */

    * Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs

    richard.