Locking task->security

From: richard offer (offerat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 14:47:22 PDT

    \begin{A non-kernel person stupid question}

    I have my own blob in current->security, it comprises a bunch of data that
    I think I need to lock access to.

    My naive options appear to be :-

        1) lock the whole task structure (very bad)
        2) add a new security specific lock to the task to protect access to
    the security blob
        3) add a lock inside the structure hanging off security (bad)
        4) add a global policy specific lock (bad)

    2 seems to be the most obvious one to me, but that raises the question why
    it doesn't seem to have been mentioned before, what am I missing ?

    \end{A non-kernel person stupid question}

    richard.