RE: quotactl hook

From: Lachlan McIlroy (lachlanat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 18:10:21 PDT

    Actually you can't be guaranteed that the capable call
    will only be called if the in-kernel logic fails.  Take a
    look at sys_setgid() and sys_setuid().  Fortunately for
    us the hook is called first but others may still have a
    problem.

    > -chris
    >
    > p.s. here are some interesting statistics based on the
    > current ChangeSet
    > (1.185) versus the 2.4.9 vanilla kernel.  the authoritative one is
    > basicall Stephen's recent repost of his authoritative patch ported
    > forward to 1.185:
    >
    > autoritative	patch size (bytes)	lines removed	lines added
    > NO		187974			313		2944
    > YES		194120			357		3000

    With all the fuss I thought there would have been a
    bigger difference.

    ---
    Lachlan McIlroy                    Phone: +61 3 9596 4155
    Trusted Linux                        Fax: +61 3 9596 2960
    Adacel Technologies Ltd                    www.adacel.com