Re: Binary only module overview

From: David Weinehall (taoat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 14:37:12 PDT

    On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 12:17:37PM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    [snip]

    > That is not clear to me. I have been unable to find a definitive
    > reference that states that is the case.  If so, it is problematic,
    > because then every user-land program that ever #include'd errno.h from
    > glibc is GPL'd, because glibc #include's errno.h, among other GPL'd
    > kernel header files. Are you sure you want to declare nearly all
    > proprietary Linux applications to be in violation of the GPL?

    AFAIK, the glibc (and most other libraries) are LGPL rather than GPL.

    [snip]

    /David Weinehall
     // David Weinehall <taoat_private> /> Northern lights wander      \\
    //  Project MCA Linux hacker        //  Dance across the winter sky //
    \>  http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/    </   Full colour fire           </