Re: Determing the difference between path_walk and chdir ?

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 18:44:46 PDT

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:00:03 PDT, richard offer <offerat_private>  said:
    > Not to get defensive, but I didn't say anything about adding code for
    > audit, I just wanted to see if anyone had worked around the same issue and
    > if so, what subtle logic was I missing.

    I obviously mis-read it the first time - *I* thought you were commenting
    that the hook wasn't given enough information to know if we were dealing
    with a chdir/getwd(), or if we were walking a filename prepratory to
    actually open()ing it or something.  I couldn't think of a security
    policy that would say "I'll let you walk path A/B/C for *this* but
    not for *that*", but one could exist I suppose?

    /Valdis