Re: Authoritative hooks updated to 2.4.13

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 08:10:26 PDT

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, richard offer wrote:

    > With no subsequent discussion following posting of the last patch (which
    > incorporated changes to meet Chris's suggestions) all the issues appear to
    > have been put to bed so there should be no reason for not moving forward
    > with this.

    A second concern:  In do_remount, you made it possible to override some
    functional tests (check_mnt, nd->dentry != nd->mnt->mnt_root) with the
    authoritative hook.  Why?  I don't think that we want to allow a security
    module to override these kinds of checks.  Sorry if this has come up
    previously - I've been too preoccupied with other things to follow this
    thread recently.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private