Re: Authoritative hooks updated to 2.4.13

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 15:22:27 PST

    Casey Schaufler wrote:

    >Stephen Smalley wrote:
    >
    >>we need
    >>a real security module that is open source that demonstrates the need for
    >>these additional changes.  I don't think that the kernel developers will
    >>be swayed by hand waving about unreleased or closed source security
    >>modules.
    >>
    >Posix ACLs. If I bring you Posix ACLs on a silver platter will
    >you give me authoritative hooks? Yes or no?

    That strikes me as a problematic example, because it will end up either
    having dependencies on some particular file system that supports
    extended attributes, or being basically useless without the extended
    attributes.

    Casey: how do you propose to deal with the extended attributes problem?

    Rest of the list: do folks think that either a FS-specific module or a
    neutered :-) module would be a convincing argument?

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.