Re: removal of the version field from struct security_operations

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 09:46:32 PST

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Greg KH wrote:

    > Since it has been proven that the version field of the struct
    > security_operations is useless (it doesn't catch the problem of not
    > defining a hook, and no other in kernel api has a version number),
    > here's a patch that removes it from the code.
    >
    > Any objections to committing this?

    Well, the version field would catch an attempt to load a security module
    built against a different version of the LSM security.h file.  I don't
    know if that is worthwhile, since people should always compile their
    modules against the appropriate kernel headers.  No real objection here.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private