Re: removal of the version field from struct security_operations

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 11:15:51 PST

    On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 10:50:46AM -0800, Chris Wright wrote:
    > the _real_ interface, of course, is the security_ops.  this is the
    > value passed to the register_security function, and i'm not sure what
    > help, if any modversions adds here.

    Well, if you guys are in for some ugly code, we could modify the *reg
    functions to accept structures, rather than pointers to structures; that
    way, changes in the structures would directly reflect changes in the
    MODVERSIONS-enabled symbol mangling.

    Yeah, it is ugly. But, it would do the job. :)

    --
    The Bill of Rights: 7 out of 10 rights haven't been sold yet! Contact
    your congressman for details how *you* can buy one today!