Re: SNARE

From: Casey Schaufler (caseyat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 16:58:33 PST

    Casey Schaufler wrote:

    > I'll pass on information should I receive any.

    Here's what they had to say. Issues of audit remain open.

    ---

    We've had a little involvement with LSM, and have been trying to keep up
    with activity summaries, but we've been concentrating pretty heavilly on
    snare lately. As such, we have been out of the picture for a few months
    now.

    Quite early on in the process (around March), we had some contact with a
    few LSM developers, but it didn't seem as though the LSM project was
    going to be sufficiently advanced to make our job much easier with SNARE
    (at least, at that point in time). However, we've tried to design SNARE
    in such a way that we can re-tool the back-end, without changing the
    fundamental features, so if the LSM could provide a more logical
    mechanism to track the system calls we need for auditing, we should be
    able to integrate nicely.

    --

    Casey Schaufler				Manager, Trust Technology, SGI
    caseyat_private				voice: 650.933.1634