new hook patch and LIDS patch for LSM Re: question about bprm_ops->alloc_security(&bprm)

From: Huagang Xie (xieat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 18:01:09 PST

    Hi,

    Here is the patch for the the new hook needed for LIDS..it is named as

    security_ops->bprm_ops->check_security(&bprm);

    you can check the patch diff-lsm-new-hook for detail..

    The second one is LIDS for LSM base on 2.5.2, it add new entry in
    security/Makefine , Makefile.in, Config.in. and a new dir under security
    named lids. It is patch to  lsm-full-2002_01_15-2.5.2.patch with 2.5.2.
    to use it, patch the lsm-full-2002_01_15-2.5.2.patch  first, and then this
    diff file. The lidstoos do not provided here, it is the same as LIDS 2.4.x
    and 2.5.x.

    any question, please let me know,

    Thanks,
    Huagang

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Stephen Smalley wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Huagang Xie wrote:
    >
    > > And other question for readdir..LIDS has a feature to hide a file/dir,
    > > the way to do it is when fill kernel get the dir entry, it call
    > > filldir() in fs/readdir.c to generate a file-list. LIDS hook in this
    > > function and do a check there..I wonder if LSM can also provide a hook in
    > > this function or other function that can archie the same result.
    >
    > I'm not sure that this falls within the scope of LSM, which is focused on
    > access control.  I'm also not sure how useful such filtering is.  You
    > would still need to control attempted accesses to the file using the other
    > LSM inode hooks, and a process could probe for the existence of the file
    > by trying to create a file with the same name.  If you want to hide the
    > filename, put it in a directory that can't be read.
    >
    > --
    > Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    > ssmalleyat_private

    LIDS secure linux kernel
    http://www.lids.org/
    1024D/B6EFB028 		4731 2BF7 7735 4DBD 3771  4E24 B53B B60A B6EF B028