Two new network hooks

From: Chris Vance (cvanceat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 08:42:22 PST

    Attached is a patch which adds two hooks that were required by SELinux to
    support labeled networking.  Does anyone have any suggestions, comments,
    or criticism?

    * post_accept - placed in sockets.c:sys_accept, just before return.  This
      allows us to update socket labels for the newly created socket.  The
      original listening socket is relabeled in the sock_rcv_skb hook during
      the handshake (peer label updated).  This information needs to be
      copied into the newly created socket after the accept.

    * recv_datagram - placed in datagram.c:skb_recv_datagram just before the
      skb is returned (non-null/non-error case only).  This seems to be the
      only time that there is a association between the current process, the
      socket, and the skb.  SELinux will use this to copy the socket source
      SID and the socket message SID into the process security structure so
      that it may be returned by extended socket calls (recvmsg_secure and
      recvfrom_secure).

    It is possible that the transmit side will also require additional hooks,
    but we haven't explored all alternatives not requiring new hooks.

    Yes, the patch doesn't make the necessary changes to the SELinux module,
    my tree is sufficiently different right now that a patch would just
    confuse the issue.

    We can commit this patch to the LSM tree once there are no outstanding
    issues.

    Thanks,

    chris.