Re: LSM Issue with modules

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 07:10:13 PDT

    On Mon, 27 May 2002, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

    > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
    > /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/security/selinux/selinux-obj.o
    > depmod:         or_ipv4
    > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
    > /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/security/selinux/ss/ss.o
    > depmod:         avc_debug_always_allow
    > depmod:         task_has_security
    > depmod:         inode_security_set_sid
    > depmod:         avc_ss_reset
    >
    > if i compile it as a module. This is since Version of March till now.
    > Is there a fix for it?

    The recommended configuration for SELinux is built-in, as noted in the
    help text for the option.  Please read the help text prior to trying to
    build and/or use SELinux, and also obtain the non-kernel components from
    the NSA SELinux web site.  We have committed simple fixes to the BitKeeper
    tree (see ChangeSet 1.339) to allow SELinux to be built as a separate
    module again, but there are still some unresolved issues in fully
    supporting SELinux as a dynamically loaded module.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private